Dark circles can make even the prettiest of faces look ugly. These are caused due to various reasons including lack of sleep, fatigue, stress and sinus problem to name a few. These may even be hereditary and are more prominent in those with thinner under eye skin. The reasons for incurring these ugly marks are many but the good news is that there are several ways to get rid of these too.
Here are a few simple yet effective home remedies to get rid of dark circles and make your orbs look beautiful.
Drinking plenty of water and fluids helps in cleansing the skin. It is also one of the best and most convenient ways of getting rid of the dark circles. What is more, it is easy on your pocket too! Drink at least two litres of waters and fluids every day for a month to feel the difference.
This healthy fruit is great for your skin and also an effective home remedy for dark circles. Just grate a cucumber and collect its juice in a bowl. Soak two cotton balls in this juice and place them on your eyes covering the dark circles. Leave them on for about 10-15 minutes for a soothing effect. This would relax your eyes as well as help you get rid of those dark circles.
Potato juice is another alternative to cucumber. Use the same method as cucumber to apply it on your dark circles. If you are in hurry, then potato slices can also be placed on your eyes for around 10-15 minutes. Applying these regularly can help remove dark circles completely.
This is another wonderful homemade cure for dark circles. Dip cotton balls in rose water and leave them on your eyes for around 15-20 minutes. Continue doing this till the dark circles get lighter.
Dip tea bags in cold water and keep them on the affected area for some time. Not only will you feel relaxed but you will also see your dark circles vanish!
Massage your under eyes gently with almond oil leave it overnight to reduce dark circles. Repeat the process daily to get rid of these unwanted marks completely.
Other useful tips
Apart from following above remedies, you also need to include the following routine to get the desired results.
- Lack of sleep is one of the most common reasons for dark circles. It is essential to take 7-8 hours sleep daily. No amount of under eye creams, gels or packs shall be able to help if you do not take adequate sleep.
- Unhealthy food habits also cause dark circles. It is thus important to follow a healthy diet plan. Avoid the consumption of junk food and also abstain from smoking and drinking.
- Those who consume more sweets and chocolates stand a higher chance of developing dark circles. It is thus recommended to cut down on the consumption of such food items.
- Consuming fiber rich fruits and vegetables cleanses the system by flushing out the toxins and thereby reducing the dark circles. So make sure they form a part of your daily diet to get a radiant skin free of blemishes and dark circles.
- Stress may also be one of the causes of dark circles. Practicing regular yoga and meditation can thus help in curing these unwanted marks. Sarvang asana is especially effective.
Is there any other effective home remedy for dark circles, you would like to share with our readers? Write in to us.