Table of Contents
Apart from her waistline and hips, if there is one more fatty area of a woman’s body that nags her the most, then it has to be her thunder thighs. If you have been embarrassed of the thigh bulges popping out of your leggings or wish to fit effortlessly into sexy shorts, you would need to get rid of the fat there. But, the big question is, how to do it? Don’t fret, here are few quick ways to get rid of thigh fat.
The simple yet effective cardio workouts such as running, cycling and skipping rope can be a great way of getting rid of the fat accumulation around your thighs. These activities also tone up your legs and burn your overall body fat. Start with a half an hour session a day and increase it to one hour a day and see the results over a period of time.
Squatting is very effective to get rid of thigh fat and give you that toned look. Read here about why and how of squatting.
Thigh Special Workout
Lie down flat on the floor with your arms stretched straight at your sides, knees bend and your palms and feet facing down. Now elevate your back, hips and thighs. Hold it there for some time and then go back to the original position. Repeat it 5-7 times a day and increase the number gradually. This tones and strengthens your inner and outer thighs.
The below mentioned yoga postures would help you lose weight around your thigh:
Mountain Pose (Tadasana)
- Stand straight with your feet hip width apart or set together and your arms resting on the sides of your body. Lift your toes up and then get back on the floor.
- Make sure you don’t lean backwards or forward. Feel your body weight evenly on each foot.
- Pull the knee caps up, squeeze your thighs and tuck your tailbone under to feel your hips perfectly aligned over your ankles.
- Inhale feeling your spine straight.
- Drop your shoulders down as you exhale and get back to the starting position.
Repeat for 5-7 times. There are multiple variations of this pose, however one explained above is good for thighs.
- Stand straight with your legs wide apart.
- Turn your right foot out to form a 90 degree angle and left foot in by around 15 degrees in a way that your right foot’s heel is aligned to your left foot’s center.
- Stretch your arms on the sides and bring them up to your shoulder height, making sure that your palms face upwards.
- Exhale and bend your right knee. Now turn your head and look at the right side.
- Push your pelvis down and hold on for some time.
- Inhale and come up. Now, get back to the normal position, breathing out.
Do the same on your left side.
Eat Short Meals
Instead of gulping three large meals a day it is suggested to have five – six small meals a day. This boosts your metabolism and helps you lose your overall body weight.
Also Read: 4 Super Ways to Kiss a Goodbye to Back Fat!
Choose Healthy Foods
Green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits and food items rich in proteins and complex carbohydrates should form a part of your daily diet. Breakfast is the main meal of the day so make sure you don’t skip it. Avoid having oily and fried food and also lower your sugar intake if you are planning to lose weight.
Drink Water in Plenty
Have at least 10-12 glasses of water every day. Water flushes out toxins and wastes from the body and helps you shed the extra body fat.
You also need to make a few lifestyle changes. The first and foremost thing is to set a routine. Have your meals and exercise at the same time each day to increase your metabolism. Also try to increase your physical activities. Things as simple as using the staircase instead of lift and walking to the nearby market instead of driving to the place can also help in this direction.
All the best for your ‘Mission Thigh Fat Bye Bye’!
Pin this image to your board.